Duck, Cover, and Conform America in the 1950s: Lecture
The Lecture's contents are in a PowerPoint slide deck (114 slides), which has been divided into four sections as follows:
Each section is a separate PowerPoint slide deck to reduce file size. The lecture can also be used as a single file.
The activities and resources that span the entire unit are listed below. The activities and resources that are section specific are listed on separate pages.
Activities and Resources
- Works Cited — A list of sources used in the presentation.
- Slide Printout — a PDF of slides( 3 per page) with a note space for each.
- Research and Opinion Questions — Posed throughout the lecture, they provide students the opportunity for additional research and to express their opinions on the issues discussed.
- Vocabulary List — A list of terms and words used throughout the unit.
- Vocabulary Definitions — A list of terms and words used throughout the unit and their definitions. Vocabulary words are highlighted in yellow with blue text throughout the lecture.